Category Archives: TDSB
Working Together to Protect Public Education
East End Families, you are invited to attend the Secord Elementary School Parent Council and Ontario Families for Public Education meeting on Tuesday, April 2 at 6:30pm in the school’s gymnasium at 101 Barrington Avenue.
MPP Peter Tabuns and MPP Rima Berns-McGown will be joined by TDSB Ward 16 Trustee Michelle Aarts, union representatives and community activists for an evening of organizing to protect public education in our community.
Ward Forum – March 28th
Keep Informed About Proposed Cuts and Changes to Public Education
Ward Forum on Monday, March 18th
The next Ward Forum is being held on March 18 at Monarch Park CI on the TDSB’s 2019-2020 budget from 6:30-8:30 pm. Childcare and refreshments provided.
Interested in French Immersion for Your Child?
For families interested in the Toronto District School Board’s French Immersion or
Extended French programs, we offer an online process for applying to:
– Early French Immersion (EFI) which begins in Senior Kindergarten;
– Junior Extended French (JEF) which begins in Grade 4
We guarantee an offer of placement in the program (not a specific school) to all
on-time applicants. Transportation is provided as per the Board’s Transportation
The timelines for applying for these programs for September 2019 are:
– Applications for Early French Immersion (for a Junior Kindergarten aged child),
must be completed online between October 29, 2018 and November 26, 2018.
– Applications for Junior Extended French must be completed online between
January 7, 2019 and February 4, 2019.
Offers of placement within your chosen program will be made to all on-time applicants in the weeks following the close of the application window. Please note: families with an older sibling currently in a French program are still required to complete an online application for the new student.
For further information about French as a Second Language programs, the
application process and dates for Information Evenings, please visit
Trustee Jennifer Story – Oct 24th
Find the link to her post here. Some highlights (… indicated truncated section, see link for full details):
Ward Forum: School Councils 101
Traffic Safety in School Zones: My Response to Toronto’s Vision Zero Plan
Parent Reaching Out Grants (PRO)
Frankland Community School
Building on Equity
(For the other winner=s – see the blog post)
Save the Date:
Parent Engagement Conference
French Programs Application Deadline
Secondary Success Indicators Fact Sheets
Paula Fletcher: Pool Funding
Don’t forget we almost lost Frankland Pool once already – a stable master lease would be great for securing school pools.
TDSB Connects – April 2017
Welcome to TDSB Connects, an update on news and events from across the Toronto District School Board.
- Education Week: Celebrations will take place across the TDSB between May 1-5. Visit the website to learn more about happenings each day!
- Mental Health and Well-Being Webcast: Learn about mental health and well-being resources, initiatives and programs that can benefit all TDSB students. Join us for a webcast on Thursday, May 11 at 7 p.m.
- Enhancing Equity Ward Forums: Join us at an Enhancing Equity Ward Forum. These collaborative working sessions will help develop strategies and an action plan to improve success for each and every student in your school.
- School Year Calendar: The first day of school for the 2017-18 school year is Tuesday, September 5, 2017. Take a look at next year’s School Year Calendar for all of the important dates and holidays.
- Bike to School Week: Let’s get rolling! Bike to School Week at the TDSB kicks off on May 29. Research demonstrates that active school travel helps kids do better in school while getting the exercise they need.
- Summer Programs: Learn more about summer programs available at the TDSB for children, youth and adults.
- STEM Parent Conference: Interested in broadening your knowledge of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math and learning more about nurturing a passion for STEM in your children? Join and connect with parents at the STEM Parent Conference on May 13.
- Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) Survey: If you are a parent/guardian of a current or former TDSB student with special needs, SEAC would like to hear about your experiences and ideas as they make recommendations on how to improve Special Education at the TDSB. Complete the SEAC Survey.
- Your TDSB Trustee: Trustees are important advocates for students and families. Connect with your local trustee and sign up for their newsletter. Welcome to new Scarborough–Rouge River Trustee Abdul Hai Patel!
- Equity Policy Consultation: Share your feedback on our draft Equity Policy. Deadline for submissions is May 15, 2017.
- Parent and Student Census: There is still time to complete and submit your parent census (parents of JK-Grade 6 students). Your voice counts!
You must be logged in to post a comment.